Looking to kick start a hot summer day? These chocolate & coffee frozen pudding pops are just the ticket! Take an average cup of joe and turn it into a stick of WHOA! Sugar-free instant pudding keeps the calories down while strong coffee and chocolate covered espresso beans keeps the caffeine level up, up, up! To celebrate mid-August I’m posting this Sprinkles inspired recipe (it’s not in the book), along with a give-away at GoodReads. Quirk Books is giving away 25 free copies of my book, Sprinkles!: Recipes and Ideas for Rainbowlicious Desserts which will be released October 15 th. Just click here to enter.
- Beat pudding mix, coffee and milk for two minutes in a large bowl.
- Pour into ice pop molds*
- If you have side loading molds like the ones pictured above, press chocolate chips and espresso beans into the soft pudding. Otherwise drop them into the molds from above.
- Freeze until solid.
- Un-mold by running the molds under hot water for a few seconds.
- Dip the tips of the cones into a small bowl filled with the chocolate topping, then dip into another small bowl filled with the nonpareils.
- Store on wrapped in plastic wrap in the freezer for up to a month
- *Experiment with different pop molds. Plastic or paper cups, ice cube trays and found objects are a fun alternative to the traditional silicone and plastic molds.