Yay! It’s National Taco Day! Here’s a recipe of one of my favorite kinds – Carne Asada, from the book Knack Mexican Cooking by Chelsie Kenyon.
- Whisk together the chile sauce and lime juice and marinate the steak in the mixture 30 minutes.
- Grill the steak over medium-high heat until it is cooked through; let rest 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife cut the meat against the grain into bite-size pieces.
- Place 2 tortillas on each piece of foil and top with steak, onions, and cilantro.
- Wrap each one up tightly and let rest 1 minute before serving.
Here’s a view of them from the top. I usually serve these tacos with a side of guacamole.