Chunky Guacamole for the win! I swear the recipe from my cookbook Taste of Tucson is the best ever... it's spicy, salty and creamy yet crisp and bright with lots of citrus and just a tiny bit of crunch from the fresh Serranos. Some people avoid avocados because they are higher in calories than other fruit, but they are filled with the good fat, the kind that's been shown to actually help you lose weight and lower cholesterol levels.
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 tablespoon chunky salsa
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro chopped fine
- ½ Serrano chili chopped fine - optional
- 1 oz. crumbled Mexican cheese such as Cacique Cotija
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl, adding the cheese in at the end.
- For a smoother consistency smash with a fork.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!