Beautiful Brownie Bites
These rich, extra-gooey brownie bites are decorated with pretty sprinkles to look like fancy boxed chocolates. Experiment with different flavor and sprinkles combinations, and play with the contrast of the colors against the dark background of the bites. To learn more about all of the different types of sprinkles, including nonpareils, dragees, flower shaped lay-ons, get my cookbook.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate melting discs
- Assorted sprinkles such as nonpareils, dragees, flower shaped lay-ons, whole cashews, mini candies, pop rocks, and fancy salts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat the wells of 2 mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, coffee, and salt in a medium bowl. Pour in melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together sugar, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill wells of prepared mini muffin pans two-thirds with batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the
- center of a brownie comes out clean.
- Melt the chocolate discs according to package instructions.
- Dip each brownie in melted chocolate melts and set on the lined baking sheet.
- Decorate with sprinkles, cocoa nibs, pop rocks, and fancy salt. Serve in colorful mini cupcake wrappers that complement the toppings.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!
This recipe is an excerpt from my cookbook, Sprinkles! Recipes and Ideas for Rainbowlicious Desserts.