Sonoran Beef Patty Tacos
For this beef patty tacos recipe, a plant-based, high-moisture ground beef alternative such as Beyond Beef also works well.
For each taco you will need:
- About ¼ cup lean ground beef
- 1 corn tortilla
- Salt pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Canola or neutral flavored vegetable oil for frying
- Shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- Shredded Iceberg or Romaine lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Spread a thin layer of ground beef over half of each corn tortilla so that the meat is about ¼-inch thick.
- Sprinkle the beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Using tongs, carefully lay the open-faced tortilla meat-side-up in the oil. Fold the other side of the tortilla over the meat and gently press down.
- Fry for about 2 minutes, then flip the taco with the tongs and cook until until the tortilla is crispy and the meat is cooked, about two minutes longer.
- Remove the taco from the oil, turning it on its side over the oil to drain. Transfer to a paper towel.
- To[p with shredded cheese, lettuce and diced tomatoes.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!