The BLT is the perfect end-of-summer meal. Tomatoes are at their best, and something about the heat and humidity of the Arizona monsoon season makes me almost totally inert and immobile.
This is about all I can muster dinner-wise, so I’m lucky that it’s fairly healthy… It turns out that mayo and bacon are better for us than expected, and my versions is also low-carb.
- 4 slices of bacon preferably applewood smoked
- 1 small tomato sliced thin
- 2 whole romaine leaves
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread each lettuce leaf with a generous portion of mayo.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Top with two strips of bacon, then a layer of sliced tomatoes, and two more slices of bacon.
Here’s the vegetarian version that I make for my husband: