Tacos for breakfast? Of course! Pinto beans add a healthy dose of fiber and low-carb tortillas erase any remaining guilt factor. Make these as mild or spicy as you like with your favorite taco sauce or salsa.
- 1 6 " tortilla preferably low-carb
- 1 strip of cooked bacon crumbled (I used vegetarian)
- ½ teaspoon taco seasoning
- ¼ cup pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 egg or 1/3 cup egg substitute such as Egg Beaters
- taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon crumbly Mexican cheese such as Cacique Panela
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat a tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften. Fold it into a ramekin to form a cup.
- Stir the taco seasoning into the pinto bean. Spoon about 1/3 cup of beans into the bottom of the tortilla.
- Carefully break an egg on top or pour in the egg substitute, leaving about 1â€ at the top.
- Add crumbled bacon and bake for 20 minutes, or until the egg is fully set.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese, taco sauce and cilantro or any of your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!