Servings: 1 taco
Tacos for breakfast? Of course! Pinto beans add a healthy dose of fiber and low-carb tortillas erase any remaining guilt factor. Make these as mild or spicy as you like with your favorite taco sauce or salsa. Pretty tortilla cups filled with eggs, bacon, pinto beans, cheese and salsa.
- 1 6" tortilla preferably low-carb
- 1 strip of cooked bacon crumbled (I used vegetarian)
- ½ teaspoon taco seasoning
- ¼ cup pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 egg or 1/3 cup egg substitute such as Egg Beaters
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- taco sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon crumbly Mexican cheese such as Cacique Panela
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat a tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften. Fold it into a ramekin to form a cup.
- Stir the taco seasoning into the pinto bean. Spoon about 1/3 cup of beans into the bottom of the tortilla.
- Carefully break an egg on top or pour in the egg substitute, leaving about 1â€ at the top.
- Add crumbled bacon and bake for 20 minutes, or until the egg is fully set.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese, taco sauce and cilantro or any of your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!