A fun Thanksgiving leftovers brunch recipe that is sure to please, waffles made with leftover candied yams. This quick and easy recipe makes 2 Belgian or 4 rectangle/square waffles.
- 4 cups leftover candied yams (about 2 cups mashed)
- 2 cups waffle mix such as Trader Joe’s Multigrain Baking Mix, prepared according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Whipped cream
- Maple syrup
- Candied pecans or walnuts
- Preheat waffle iron and brush with melted butter using a pastry brush.
- Mash the candied yams, then fold into the prepared waffle batter with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Fill the waffle iron with the yam batter and cook according to the waffle maker’s instructions. The amount of batter needed and cooking time will vary.
- Serve the waffles topped with whipped cream, mini marshmallows, candied nuts, sprinkles and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!