Chelada Beer Cocktail Recipe
This super-refreshing citrus beer cocktail is served in a chile and salt rimmed glass over ice. It's kinda like a beer margarita. I love it because it's a big drink that lasts a long time and it has considerably less sugar and calories than a margarita. Use a Mexican lager or amber beer such as Dos Equis. If you want to make this drink spicier you can garnish the drink with a jalapeno slice or two. Serve in a traditional chelada glass if possible.
- 1 12- ounce bottle of Mexican amber or lager beer such as Dos Equis
- One lime preferably Mexican
- 1 tablespoon Rose’s lime juice
- Sea Salt or chile/salt blend such as Tajin for the glass rim
- Slice of jalapeño for garnish optional
- Wash the lime, cut it in half, squeeze some of the juice onto a plate, then dunk the rim of the glass into the lime juice and swirl to coat. Then swirl the rim in chili lime salt to coat. Tajin makes a handy
- Pour about a tablespoon of salt of Tajin or salt onto a small plate then swirl the wet rim of the glass in the salt to coat.
- Fill the glass with ice. Squeeze the remaining lime into the
- glass and pour in the Rosa's lime juice. Garnish with the lime slice with the
- slit in it that you used to wet the rim of the glass and the Jalapeno slice if
- using. Pour in the beer and enjoy.
This recipe is an outtake from my cookbook Taste of Tucson that was cut for space.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!