For centuries, people believed that it was impossible to make a chicken pot pie in the microwave. I have proven them wrong. This recipe first appeared in the article, "10-Minute Dinner Recipes That ANYONE Can Make" Get the rest of the dinner in a mug recipes from this article at Refinery29.
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup milk cream or half & half
- ¼ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup peas defrosted if frozen
- ¼ cup corn kernels defrosted if frozen
- 1 tsp onion flakes
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Onion flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 small can crescent roll dough approximately 4-oz, such as Pillsbury's
- Heat the butter in a large mug in the microwave until melted, about 20 seconds.
- Whisk in the flour, using a fork, to make a paste. Then whisk in the milk or cream, followed by the broth. Mix in chicken, peas, corn, paprika, onion flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and lay two or three of them across the top of the mug to make a crust, leaving a small amount of space between them so that steam can vent.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the top is puffy and lightly browned, as shown.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!