A cute, kid friendly recipe for slices of apples dipped in chocolate and decorated with sprinkles candy or nuts that's perfect for Halloween.
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- Popsicle sticks
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy melts
- 1 10- ounce jar of caramel sauce preferably Trader Joes Fleur del Sel Caramel Sauce
- Sprinkles and other toppings
- Topping suggestions:
- Flaky sea salt
- Mini chocolate chips
- Crushed candy bits
- Crushed cookies
- Mini pretzels
- Cut the apples vertically into ½ inch slices, remove any seeds, then insert the stick at the bottom.
- Melt the chocolate on a rimmed plate in the microwave for 60 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip both sides of each apple slice in melted chocolate, leaving some of the skink visible on the sides and place on a piece of wax paper, then sprinkle with the toppings of your choice before the chocolate hardens.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Warm the caramel sauce according to package directions and drizzle over the apple slices and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!