Looking to kick start a hot summer day? These chocolate and coffee frozen pudding pops are just the ticket! Take an average cup of joe and turn it into a stick of WHOA! Sugar-free instant pudding keeps the calories down while strong coffee and chocolate covered espresso beans keeps the caffeine level up, up, up!
Chocolate Coffee Pudding Pops
- 1 three-ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix I use sugar-free
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative half and half, non-fat milk or almond milk. etc.
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee chilled
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chocolate covered espresso beans
- ¼ cup nonpareils or other sprinkles
- ½ cup chocolate flavored ice cream topping such as Magic Shell
- Beat pudding mix, coffee and milk for two minutes in a large bowl.
- Pour into ice pop molds*
- If you have side loading molds like the ones pictured above, press chocolate chips and espresso beans into the soft pudding. Otherwise drop them into the molds from above.
- Freeze until solid.
- Un-mold by running the molds under hot water for a few seconds.
- Dip the tips of the cones into a small bowl filled with the chocolate topping, then dip into another small bowl filled with the nonpareils.
- Store on wrapped in plastic wrap in the freezer for up to a month
- *Experiment with different pop molds. Plastic or paper cups, ice cube trays and found objects are a fun alternative to the traditional silicone and plastic molds.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!