Ohio meets Arizona! Cincinnati style chili cheese nachos, “Cincinnachos” as they will henceforth be known. The best of everything for snacking season.
Start with My Recipe for Cincinnati Style Turkey Chili, substituting ground grass-fed beef or vegetarian ground beef crumbles if you prefer.
- 2 cups of Jackie's Cincinnati Style Chili warmed
- 1 bag of good quality tortilla chips such as Trader Joe's Whole Grain or Blue Corn chips
- 1 cup of black or kidney beans rinsed
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup pickled jalapeño peppers
- Hot sauce to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread a layer or tortilla chips onto the sheet. Drop spoonfuls of warm chili onto the tortilla chips then top with beans and onions. Cover with an even layer of cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melts, being careful not to burn the tortilla chips.
- Remove from oven and distribute the jalapenos on top of the warm nachos. Sprinkle with your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!