I'll get on a kick where I'll have this for lunch almost every day. It's great when you're super hungry because it only takes about 5 minutes to make. The hummus and nonfat feta add protein without a lot of calories, so feel comfortable adding as much as you see fit.Serves One.
- 1 Whole wheat flatbread of pita
- Nonfat feta cheese
- Plain or flavored store bought hummus
- Pitted greek olives
- 1 Small tomato sliced thin
- Hot yellow pepper slices
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ tsp bottled light Italian dressing. I like Newman's Own.
- Hot sauce
- Lemon wedge
- Warm pita in oven until soft - about 3 minutes at 350 degrees
- Spread with hummus
- Top with cheese and veggies and Italian dressing.
- Squeeze a splash of lemon and a squirt of hot sauce on top.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!