Servings: 1 serving
Grill the perfect perfect cowboy steak with step-by-step instructions from a famed Arizona steakhouse. Making authentic cowboy steaks is really easy. When I asked Bryan Keith, the Grill Master from Tucson's Pinnacle Peak Steak House if he had any additional tips he said, "Put some love in it!"
- 1 20-ounce T-bone from the short loin leave all of the fat on (for flavor)
- Season generously on both sides with garlic salt
- For the Very Hot Fire
- Use mesquite wood or mesquite charcoal
- Burn down the fire until the coal from the mesquite is red-hot.
- Grill the steaks 6-8 inches from the coals for 3-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Enjoy!
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!