Looks can be deceiving; my favorite monsters are scary looking, but innately good. Just like these monster-ized eggs, which have been turned green and frightening looking, but are completely delicious. These fried eggs with pesto and Parmesan are also monstrously easy to make.
Fried Eggs with Pesto & Parmesan
- For each serving you will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons pre-made pesto I use Trader Joe's fresh pesto.
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the pesto, with a spatula, in the middle of a large nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs directly on top of the pesto. Cook until set, just like when you cook a regular (non-monsterized) fried egg, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip, top with the parmesan, and cook for another minute or so, until the cheese is melted and the inside of the yolk is the way you want them - a bit runny or hard.
- Transfer to a plate and serve immediately, preferably with bacon and coffee.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!
Looking for more egg recipes? Try my lox and cream cheese frittata.