Fried Eggs with Pesto & Parmesan
Looks can be deceiving; my favorite monsters are scary looking, but innately good. Just like these monster-ized eggs, which have been turned green and frightening looking, but are completely delicious. These fried eggs with pesto and Parmesan are also monstrously easy to make.
- For each serving you will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons pre-made pesto I use Trader Joe's fresh pesto.
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the pesto, with a spatula, in the middle of a large nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs directly on top of the pesto. Cook until set, just like when you cook a regular (non-monsterized) fried egg, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip, top with the parmesan, and cook for another minute or so, until the cheese is melted and the inside of the yolk is the way you want them - a bit runny or hard.
- Transfer to a plate and serve immediately, preferably with bacon and coffee.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!
Looking for more egg recipes? Try my lox and cream cheese frittata.