I am excited beyond belief!
About a year ago, Rovio Entertainment, inventors of the game Angry Birds, asked me to document the food culture of their famously egg hungry pigs. Their talented developers gathered over 200 of my resulting photographs in a fun and useful interactive cookbook app., which contains the pig’s egg recipes, and animated illustrations of the them in their native environment. It was a great honor to be able to spend so much time with the pigs to create the Bad Piggies Best Egg Recipes.
The pigs are fantastic cooks who love good food. They are also kind of messy and their life is in a constant state of flux and chaos. â€œWhat makes this cookbook special is that the photographs of the app are taken by the pigs, which means that your own dish always looks better than the ones in the book,â€ said Sanna Lukander, VP of Books. â€œQuite a change from the average cookbooks on the market!â€
You can download the app at the iTunes store for only .99 today! http://itunes.apple.com/
Here’s a preview recipe for The Bad Piggies Egg Salad Sandwich.
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 –2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion
- curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 leaf of lettuce
- 2 slices of dark rye bread
- Chop the egg by using a fork (just a bit, don’t mash it to a pulp).
- Mix the onion, celery, mayonnaise and egg together. Season with salt, pepper and curry powder. Mix it all together.
- Toast the bread.
- Place a layer of lettuce on one slice, spread egg mixture on top and close the deal with another slice of toasted bread.
Bad Piggies Best Egg Recipes is now the #1 best selling cookbook app in the USA, China and numerous other countries!
Photo of Eggs Benedict – fit for a King Pig: