Festive enough for New Year’s Eve, this pretty appetizer only takes about 5 minutes to make. Bacon infused caviar adds a unique smokiness that will intrigue your guests and is fairly inexpensive, but any decent quality caviar will do.
The one-ingredient parmesan crisps are a savory, no-carb alternative to blini.
Each of the crisps are unique and look like jeweled works of art.
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce caviar
- ¼ cup crème fraîche
- Preheat the broiler to 480-500 degrees.
- Line a half baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Drop 1-to-2 tablespoons of the shredded Parmesan onto the baking sheets into tiny mounds.
- Bake 5 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely and loosen with a spatula.
- Top each parmesan round with a dollop of crème fraîche and caviar. Serve immediately.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!