A pumpkin pie spiced baked oatmeal breakfast casserole infused with bits of actual leftover pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Baked Breakfast Oats
Pumpkin pie spiced oatmeal infused with bits of actual pumpkin pie.
- 3 slices leftover pumpkin pie about 2 cups chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter softened
- 2 cups quick cooking 1-minute oats
- 2 cups milk any variety
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped or slivered almonds plus ¼ cup more for topping
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- caramel sauce and cream serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan with the softened butter.
- Chop the leftover pie into small pieces with a large chefs’ knife, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all of the other ingredients except for the caramel sauce and cream, then stir well with a rubber spatula, smashing any big pieces of pie as you go.
- Sprinkle the additional almonds on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm drizzled with warm caramel sauce and a splash of cream.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Try my mini pumpkin cheesecakes.