A pumpkin pie spiced baked oatmeal breakfast casserole infused with bits of actual leftover pumpkin pie.
- 3 slices leftover pumpkin pie about 2 cups chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter softened
- 2 cups quick cooking 1-minute oats
- 2 cups milk any variety
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped or slivered almonds plus ¼ cup more for topping
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- caramel sauce and cream serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan with the softened butter.
- Chop the leftover pie into small pieces with a large chefs’ knife, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all of the other ingredients except for the caramel sauce and cream, then stir well with a rubber spatula, smashing any big pieces of pie as you go.
- Sprinkle the additional almonds on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm drizzled with warm caramel sauce and a splash of cream.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Try my mini pumpkin cheesecakes.