October 1st: I want to eat warm hearty meals in Autumn colors. Casseroles baked in stoneware dishes with rich sauces. Meat, cream, smoked cheeses, tomato sauce, and, I want the recipe to be fast, and easy, so that I can eat right away. Something that I can make from memory because I've been doing Atkins and I find I instantly become insanely hungry. This recipe takes about 10 minutes to make if I use store bought sauce and rotisserie chicken. It’s for an individual sized portion, perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. Feel free to double or quadruple or whatever is bigger than that if you have a crowd. Smoked mozzarella, really makes this dish shine, but it’s good with regular mozzarella too.
- 4 oz cooked chicken breast cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- ½ cup spicy Arrabbiata sauce I like Rao's
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 2 oz. smoked mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan/Romano cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper flakes - optional
- Preheat the broiler to 500 degrees
- In a non-stick saucepan over medium heat combine the Arrabiata sauce, chicken pieces and cream. Stir and cook for 5 minutes to combine and heat throughout. Pour the mixture into an individual sized baking dish. Sprinkle on the herbs and cheese. Top with shredded mozzarella. Place under the broiler and cook for 5 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!