A healthy burrito bowl recipe with quinoa, black beans and avocado tossed in a Sonoran style Mexican chipotle lime vinaigrette dressing. The Greek yogurt adds a little creaminess to the vinaigrette, so I recommend arranging it all pretty in bowl, then smooshing and swirling the whole thing together into a big mess before you eat it.
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- ¼ cup green salsa
- ¾ cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried chopped cilantro
- ½ cup drained and rinsed black beans
- ½ of an avocado sliced
- 2 tablespoons chunky pico de gallo salsa
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
*For chipotle lime vinaigrette*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- ¼ teaspoon grainy mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth and salsa to a boil in a medium pot. Add quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 12 minutes or according to package directions.
- Remove from heat, stir in cilantro, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon the quinoa into the bottom of your serving bowl. Arrange the beans, avocado slices, chunky salsa and nonfat yogurt on top. Pour vinaigrette over everything and enjoy!
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!