Servings: 2 servings
Wake, roll and bake for breakfast with these crispy rolled and baked sausage, egg and cheese breakfast tacos.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2 frozen sausage or veggie sausage patties
- 6 corn or flour tortillas
- ½ cup light Mexican cheese
- Your favorite salsa
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Whisk together the eggs and yogurt in a bowl, pour into a non-stick skillet and scramble over medium heat.
- Heat the sausages in a microwave for 45 seconds, then crumble them with a fork or spatula.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until warm.
- Place a tortilla on the baking sheet.
- Fill each tortilla with a thin row of egg and then sausage. Sprinkle generously with cheese and roll. Make sure the taco is seam side down.
- Secure the rolled taco with a couple of toothpicks.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly, then remove the toothpicks. Serve with salsa.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!