Sometimes just a little twist on a traditional dish really makes it shine.
This recipe is the result of an early morning haze wherein I emptied random things from the refrigerator into a pan in a blurry attempt to make breakfast. It came out better than I expected, and now my husband and I eat scrambled eggs for breakfast this way almost every day.
- 3 eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon butter - optional
- Spray oil for pan
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon crumbled Gorgonzola
- Pepper to taste
- Spray a large saucepan over medium-low heat with non-stick spray and drop in the butter if you're using it. Whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, salsa, Gorgonzola and Cholula seasoning in a mixing bowl before pouring into the pan. Scramble until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off the heat, cover and let sit for two minutes. Serves 1or 2.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!