This Spicy and crunchy Sonoran style chicken salad can be served in lettuce taco wraps, tortas and sandwiches or meal sized salads.
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped red or white onion
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 or 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Tyler Florence's sun dried chile rub optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld. Enjoy!
I served my chicken salad in lettuce leaf tacos. I used an “artesian” lettuce I found at the supermarket which appears to be a red tipped romaine:
I gave people slate slabs and let everyone build their own.