Sweet & Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings
Sonoran style sweet and spicy chicken recipe. I use smoked sea salt in a grinder for my everyday salt. A two pound bag costs about $17.00 and lasts for about a year. I think it makes everything taste better.
- 6 chicken wings, disjointed (12 pieces)
- ½ cup spicy barbecue sauce
For Spice Rub
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon course ground salt, smoked if possible
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Secure the chicken and the spice rub ingredients in a resealable bag. Massage the spices into the chicken. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Grill on medium, covered until cooked throughout.
- Brush with barbecue sauce and let brown, about 2-5 minutes more.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!