All of the ingredients for authentic Thai cuisine are available at most grocery stores. Sambal Oelek and Thai fish sauce can be found in most Asian food sections. This recipe was originally published on iVillage.com
- 4 chicken thighs
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil preferably sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons spicy Thai chili paste such as Sambal Oelek
- 1 teaspoon fresh or freeze dried minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup of marinade for basting.
- Put the rest of the marinade in a resealable plastic bag along with the chicken thighs and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours. Discard used marinade.
- Grill over medium heat, covered, until cooked throughout, about 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds and serve with the reserved marinade as a dipping sauce.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!