The Week of Gazpacho
My husband woke up, looked at me in from his side of the bed and declared this the “Week of Gazpacho.” And so, it is.
I got a handy little device called Vegetable Chop and Measure at Williams-Sonoma a couple of years ago. Without it the Week of Gazpacho wouldn’t have been possible because I would have gotten exasperated with all of the chopping by batch #2. Also, the colors in the photo are a bit of an homage to Pedro Almodovar’s wonderful film, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988), which was the inspiration for me making gazpacho for the very first time, years ago.
- One 16 oz. bottle of vegetable Juice. I like The R.W. Knudsen Family brand Very Veggie - Spicy or Spicy V8 in a pinch
- One 14.5 oz. can can of organic tomatoes diced small
- 1 large english cucumber diced.
- 1 yellow red or green bell peppers, diced.
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 1 serrano chili diced super small
- 3 T Organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar for health! I like Bragg's because the tincture like packaging leads me to believe that it has magic powers.
- 1 T Good olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 T. Sriracha hot sauce or to taste
- 1 T. Frank's hot Sauce or to taste.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- To make this a meal add 1/2 cup of small cooked shrimp per person.
- Mix everything together in a big bowl, serve, enjoy!