I believe in the healing power of both chicken soup and Thai food. Combining the two will cure whatever ails you and the spicier you can make it the better. If you are healthy, this soup will make you stronger, more vibrant and more beautiful. I recommend eating it daily.I'm using rotisserie chicken in this recipe. It's my new secret ingredient! Eat as much of the chicken as you can off of the bone like a barbarian, and then use some of the leftovers to make this soup.
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup Asian style frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ cup thinly sliced sweet potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1-2 tablespoons Sambal Oelek
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Lemongrass herb blend or 2-3 2" stick fresh lemongrass
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large soup pot. Simmer for 20 minutes, serve and enjoy.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!