Chunky vegetables and feta tossed in a light lemon anchovy vinaigrette. I am going to make a bold statement and say that you can indeed win friends with salad in stark contrast to the clip I've posted below. Here's a good one to start with.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup roughly chopped cucumber
- ½ cup feta cheese cubed or chunks
- 2 tablespoons seeded Greek olives chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- juice from 1/2 lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all of the vegetables and feta in a large bowl. Whisk together the dressing ingredients, pour top of salad and mix well with a rubber spatula. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy. Serves one as a meal or two as a side salad.
Hungry for More?Buy the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!